BARINGO COUNTY GOVERNMENT
THE GREAT RIFT EASTER CARAVAN
TOUR OF BARINGO 2016
This is a voluntary road tour undertaken as a group upon registering and meeting the basic requirements of the event, It started in 1998 as an add on feature for repeat clients that have visited L. Bogoria National Reserve continuously for many years. It was based on the question what else can we do and where else can we go while here.
Baringo County is endowed with so much touristic resources that are spread throughout all the sub-counties. In the past a few places have been in the limelight leaving out some of the world class hidden features.
- To explore, discover and enjoy the tourist attractions and sites within the County.
- To diversify visitor activities from the hotel and hospitality establishment as a means of boosting occupancy rates.
- To open up the interior parts of the County and encourage communities to develop products that can sustain tourism industry e.g eateries, curio and handicraft centres, home stays and tour guiding.
- To encourage domestic tourism and a culture of exploration.
- To promote national cohesion and integration through diverse families and friends meeting in such events